About Chris Hass
Chris is a strong business leader with senior level expertise eliciting customer insights and envisioning human-centered research and design approaches that empower, inform, and inspire. He has extensive experience with client acquisition, account maintenance and growth, in addition to tactical expertise overseeing teams and executing UX methodologies to support usable and accessible solutions that exceed business and user goals.
His consulting work incorporates a broad array of industries including automotive, banking, consumer, education, engineering, financial, FinTech, government, healthcare, insurance, media, online, pharmaceutical, retail, technology, telecommunications, and not-for-profit verticals.
Chris is committed to helping you envision, evaluate, and build products and services that reflect human-centered design best practices and that exceed business goals.
To view Chris’ employment history, visit Chris Hass’ LinkedIn page.
Chris serves in volunteer leadership roles for a number of organizations, including the following:
President / Advisory Board Member
01/2003 – Present
User Experience Professionals’ Association, Boston Chapter
- Oversaw the business of this UXPA chapter as it grew from ~100 members to ~5,000 active members. Led internal and outreach initiatives to advance the field, support the public good and foster members’ professional growth.
- Led annual public World Usability Day events, planned and executed 16 annual conferences. (At 1k+ attendees annually, this volunteer-run conference is among the largest UX conferences in the world.)
- Awards: UXPA Boston Leadership Award, (2013), UPA “World Usability Day Volunteer Team of the Year” Award (2005), UPA Chapter Award (2005)
Advisory Board Member
01/2017 – Present
Brandeis University Graduate Professional Studies Advisory Board
- Providing oversight and thought-leadership for the establishment of a UX Studies program at Brandeis University. Contributing to course and program definition and curriculum development.
Governing Board Member
01/2015 – 2018
Registry of Patient Registries (RoPR) Governing Board
- Contributed thought leadership and oversight to advance the Agency for Healthcare Quality and Research (AHRQ) Registry of Patient Registries. Provided programmatic oversight and guidance to RoPR’s joint team from L&M Policy Research, Quintiles, and Academy Health.
Grant Application Reviewer
01/2015 – Present
National Institute on Minority Health and Health Disparities (NIMHD) at the National Institutes of Health (NIH)
- Individual and team reviewer of NIMHD/NIH R43/44 applications in response to “Innovations for Healthy Living – Improving Minority Health and Eliminating Health Disparities” federal grant solicitations.
President / Advisory Board Member
01/2010 – 12/2015
- Led this professional membership organization, guiding 60+ chapters across 30 countries. Initiated and supported internal and outreach initiatives in service of UXPA International’s ~10,000 global members. Contributed to the planning and execution of UXPA’s annual conferences, publications, budget, and events. Served in a variety of positions including: Web Director, Director of Chapters, and President.
01/1997 – Present
Conference Presentations, Workshops, Panel Moderation, Public Interviews, Trainings, and Guest Lectures
- Frequent presenter, facilitator, and trainer at national and international industry conferences including AMIA, ACM CHI, BigDesign, CDC PHIN, CSUN, UXPA International and over 100 others. Guest lecturer for University graduate programs including Bentley University, Brandeis University, Northeastern, Tufts, others.
- Originated and host the “Inside the UX Studio” and “UX After Dark” presentation series.